The National Onion Association has released its Nature’s Ninja Playbook ebook, a guide for selecting, cutting, and cooking onions, along with great tips and great recipes to include onions in every meal of the day.
The NOA has renamed the onion “Nature’s Ninja” for the many qualities it posses to stay fresh and bacteria free in the field so it can make it to the dinner table unscathed and ready to do its job — keep those who eat it healthy.
Like a ninja, the onion possesses several preparatory and defensive arts.
Here are a few:
- The art of preparation. Nature’s Ninja is prepared for everything. It comes ready made with heart-healthy nutrients, disease fighting skills and great taste.
- The art of endurance. A true survivor. It battles the elements to make it to your table. Then it battles to keep you healthy.
- The art of balance. The onion helps you balance out a nutritious diet without sacrificing flavor.
- The art of stealth. It comes ready made for all you need for a healthy body, helping fend off cancers and heart disease, high blood pressure and more. It’s one of nature’s best diet foods.
- The art of self-defense. It fights a battle of epic proportions just to make it to your dinner table. Warding off pests and bacteria in the field, its skills keep it unscathed and ready for your next meal.
- The art of adaptability. The onion blends seemlessly into any meal. Sliced, diced, roasted, grilled, stuffed, sauteéd or caramelized.
- The art of sustainability. Once you’re done, it’s not done fighting for the environment. The onion today is power entire processing plants, feeding sheep, and being used as a natural agent to dye clothes.