What is Nature’s Ninja?
It is the onion, a phenom of Mother Nature that deserves higher praise for its stealth, its endurance and its adaptability and sustainability. While its nutrients help you ward off diseases when you eat it, it’s also a major action hero, slaying bacteria and bugs in the field just to get to the table. It provides amazing flavor to any meal, and it’s useful in other ways such as dying fabrics, curing bee stings, cleaning grills or feeding sheep.
Nature’s Ninja: For health, nutrition, taste, sustainability
Nature’s Ninja was unveiled in the marketplace in 2019 by Paradigm Fresh in Fort Morgan, Colo. CEO John Harris talks about that move in this radio interview.
Want to learn more about Nature’s Ninja? Click here
Consider these Ninja qualities:
- Survivors — From its hard, papery skin keeping bacteria at bay to its pungent juices preserving itself, the onion was built to survive the elements.
- Master of disguise — From the outside, the onion seems unassuming and simple. But there’s a warrior inside ready to fight disease.
- Resourceful — Onions also have many properties to keep those who eat it healthy — while it helps sustain a healthy gut, it can also help your mental health – have you have a good cry lately?
- Adaptable — It can tempt the taste buds in a variety of forms to create just the right mixture of tastes to add the perfect touch to your meals.
- Stealthy — Who hasn’t minced an onion to slip into recipes without being noticed? We know chefs who sweat onions and turn the onions into a puree to add the right amount of flavor to their dishes.
- Natural dyes— Onion skins can be used as natural fabric and textile dyes to add yellows, pinks and greens without the harsh chemicals.
- Alternative fuel — The onions that don’t make it to market can be used as sheep feed, instead of thrown away. Research has shown that feeding sheep onions helps ranchers reduce feed and water costs. That means zero waste.
- Alternative Fuel — Leftover onion parts are being used in California to power the entire plant from which they’re processed, saving thousands in electrical costs. The Gills Onions Advanced Energy Recovery System has in its 10 years created enough power to fuel 460 homes.
- Curative Power — Onion’s pungent juices will help soothe a bee sting. Take one on your next picnic.
- Natural Do-It-Yourselfer — As a grill-cleaner: Ditch the harsh chemicals and clean your grill off with an onion. Then put the onion in the coals to provide a mellow onion flavor to your meats. The onion also makes a nice alternative to an ice scraper during the cold winter months.
Want onion information, tips and recipes?
Download the Nature’s Ninja Playbook here
It comes complete with nutritional information, preparation tips and recipes.