Certified Delicious recognizes chefs and restaurants across the country that have been identified by the National Onion Association’s culinary team as serving fresh, delicious meals with onions.
French Onion Soup
French Onion soup is one of the oldest onion dishes that started out as a peasant’s meal but turned into a delicacy. We celebrate the truly delicious dishes that are made with flair and creativity, and always with fresh onions.
Country French Onion Soup: Hot, savory onion soup topped with croutons and mozzarella
Nana’s French Onion Soup: Caramelized onions, beef jus, country bread, Gruyere cheese, topped with onion strings
French Onion Soup: sweet onions, gruyere, French bread
Too many restaurants rely on frozen onion rings. We celebrate onion rings that are melt-in-your mouth fresh.
This restaurant serves 350 servings of its beer-battered onion rings a day!
Criteria for Certified Delicious Designation:
- Restaurants and/or dish must be spotted/submitted by a member of the National Onion Association culinary team.
- No restaurant/chef solicitations are allowed; no restaurant may buy their way into the program.
- Onions used in dishes are plentiful and fresh; no frozen onions or pre-prepared foods are allowed.
- Menu items must be regular or established on the menu; no specials or one-offs.
- Only U.S. restaurants are eligible for awards.